Coming off an amazing lineup in the Fall 2012 season, the Winter 2013 season has some big shoes to fill in terms of expectations. Though, the list above is incomplete and we will update as newer series get announced. For the time being, let’s take a look at some of the things to look forward to in the coming season so far!
– SHAFT, absent last season, is back with a new series adapted from a light novel.
– Powerhouse seiyuu: Kana Asumi , Chiwa Saito, Kana Hanazawa
The story follows a hikikomori named Sasami who is unmotivated about even changing clothes or eating. Her brother takes care of her, even though she despises his slave-like nature. Sasami spends her days viewing the outside world via a “Brother Surveillance Tool” on her computer. In the outside world, the three beautiful Yagami sisters and Sasami’s brother are in the middle of relationships worthy of a romantic comedy. (Source: ANN)
– A-1 Pictures, so promises to have fairly good animation quality.
– Seems like a lot of fanservice with girls and machinery (Busou Shinki and Strike Witches, anyone?). Still, could be worth a watch.
An original sci-fi action anime featuring a 14-year-old girl. The story takes place in a peaceful island filled with nature and technology. (Source: MyAnimeList)
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Shiru (OreShura)
– A-1 Pictures, quality animation almost guaranteed.
– Last season was a good one for the romantic comedy, so hopefully this will follow suit.
Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents’ divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight. (Source: MyAnimeList)
Movies to Look Out For:
- Kizumonogatari (SHAFT)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (J.C. Staff)
Be sure to check out KyoAni’s new original series, Tamako Market, too!